Do You Consider “Measure Twice; Cut Once” Words to Live by? Bring your keen eye for detail as a project technician!
Is the phrase “Measure Twice; Cut Once” music to your ears? Do you have an interest in the remodeling or construction industry—AND a passion for working with people? Are you a craftsperson who wants to bring your skills and expertise to one of the premiere home-improvement service providers in the country?
Did you answer “Heck, yes!” to any of those? Then we want to hear from you!
Most replacement window solutions are off-the-shelf and available in standard sizes. Our customers receive replacement windows that are custom-built to fit within 1/16th of an inch of their existing window opening…which is why the “Measure Twice; Cut Once” adage is a gold standard for us.
As a Project Technician, you will play a key role in the Signature Service experience. You serve as the homeowner’s “personal construction expert,” meeting with them in the home after an order has been placed, but before it is sent to our manufacturing facility.
Project Technicians are dedicated technical measurement specialists, who closely examine the condition of existing windows, re-measure windows for accuracy, and then assess the situation to plan for production and installation.
On a typical job, you might:
- Take detailed measurements
- Look over the condition of existing frames, sash, casing, and trim
- Document any climate concerns, structural issues, and aesthetics
- Compared findings to project specs to double check order meets customer’s needs and provides an appropriate solution
- Recognize situations that could impact customer expectations, job costs, and/or code performance and provide alternatives
You also serve as an important customer-service touchpoint, and should be prepared to:
- Ask questions
- Engage in dialogue with homeowners, and answer any questions they might have
- Prepare homeowners for the installation appointment and walk them through the next steps in the process
Why We’re Different
Our measurement and installation specialists are construction professionals, as well as customer-service specialists and brand stewards. As Project Technician, you will need both Construction Aptitude to get the job done, as well as Soft Skills to serve as the “face” of our brand and ensure homeowner satisfaction.
Do you have:
- 2-3 years of window installation, carpentry finishing, and/or remodeling experience (preferred).
- A proven track record of superior workmanship.
- Scheduled availability to work when homeowners are available and in their homes (between the hours of 7 a.m. – 7 p.m.)
- Empathy and customer service skills.
- A strong sense of accountability—and an equally strong sense of teamwork
- The ability to confidently handle confrontation/conflicts using a tactful and diplomatic approach, and the ability to maintain perspective under demanding conditions.
- Diagnostic skills: assessment, problem solving, and decision making.
- Mechanical aptitude: ability to dismantle and reassemble windows, window coverings, and hardware.
- Self-motivation, time- and work-process management skills, and the ability to work independently.
Then we have:
- Excellent base pay with bonus structure
- Generous benefits, profit sharing, and retirement plans
- Fit for Work Program
- Year-round installation work
- A chance to help people transform their homes and their lives
We bring on folks who are proud of the work they do and the products they install, and who are dedicated to working with individual homeowners and going the extra mile whenever necessary (and often even when it’s not!). If you’re a professional craftsperson with a passion for customer service and want to work for a company with a reputation for excellence, we want to hear from you!