Are your windows in San Antonio already old, worn-out, and drafty? You may be thinking about having them repaired rather than replaced because—let’s face it—replacements can cost a lot. But if your windows are beyond repair, then replacement could be the better choice for you over the long haul.
Here are 5 things to look out for when considering new San Antonio replacement windows:
- You’ve got windows that you can no longer properly lock or have difficulty keeping shut. Windows that fail to shut or lock properly contribute significantly to energy loss. Cracks or gaps can let warmth escape from the home and allow the cold in; windows can also open suddenly and allow heat to escape.
- Your windows get cold and fog easily. This may be caused by imbalance of the temperature within and outside your house. When windows fog, it implies they are inefficient.
- Your windows are becoming harder to clean. Ideally, windows should be easy to clean, especially while they’re new.
- Opening and closing your windows is hard. This is a result of damage over time. Maneuvering your windows open and shut should not require you too much effort.
- Your windows are high-maintenance. While it is normal for windows to need maintenance, over-the-top patchwork requirements and costly repairs should tell you it’s time to have them replaced.
Just think of it this way: replacement windows are costly, but they are a worthy investment. New windows aren’t just more aesthetically pleasing, they offer brilliant energy efficiency savings, especially when they have high ratings from the National Fenestration Rating Council. Replacement windows can significantly increase your home’s resale value, assuring you of a good return on your investment.
If your windows suffer from any of the issues mentioned above, it’s best you take immediate steps to prevent further damage. Here at Southwest Exteriors™, we make sure that you get your money’s worth. Call us today for more details.
Subscribe to Southwest Exteriors's Blog