Siding is one of the most noticeable components of your home’s exterior. That is why anything goes wrong with your siding can affect the aesthetics of your house negatively. This protective layer is going to wear out eventually because of varying weather conditions and aging. The damage may begin with minor issues like a few cracks, breaks, or fading. But when leaks start to occur, it may turn into major damage with a hefty price tag for repairs.
Fortunately, you can opt to install new siding in San Antonio before that happens. Here are five signs that tell you your siding is due for replacement. These are:
- Warped or rotten siding – Look for any warped or rotting boards when conducting an inspection. If the layer under the siding is already soft, replacement should be done as soon as possible.
- Requires repainting often – Your siding is in poor condition if your home needs to be painted recurrently. A good siding product should be able to maintain its good condition for around 10 years. Siding that is chipping, peeling, or cracking needs to be replaced.
- Hefty HVAC expense – Aged or damaged siding cannot perform well. It cannot, therefore, properly insulate your home. Having your siding replaced can solve this problem.
- Fungal growth– This is an effect of water infiltration. Further inspection should be conducted.
- Formation of bubbles – Bubbles are due to water being trapped within your siding. This is a sign you need replacement immediately. Remember, good siding is supposed to keep moisture and water out.
If your siding has these signs, it’s time to contact a contractor for San Antonio siding replacement. We at Southwest Exteriors™ can help provide you with top-quality siding for your home – James Hardie® fiber cement. Much better than vinyl, James Hardie® is a highly durable product that and comes in a variety of colors. This product can resist rotting, warping, cracking, and is highly weather-resistant; it can withstand hail and high winds of up to 150mph. You won’t be having problems with that kind of durability.
For more information on siding products, installation, or our other services, we at Southwest Exteriors will be more than happy to assist you.
Subscribe to Southwest Exteriors's Blog