Spring has officially sprung in San Antonio, TX!And with Spring comes pollen, bugs, rain, and dust. And that means dirty windows!
If your windows are blocking your view of the beauty of spring, it might be time to clean them.
Here are six steps to perfectly clean your windows:You will need the following:
- Protective gloves
- Soft-bristle brush or dust cloth
- Sponge or lint-free cloth
- Bucket or spray bottle
- White vinegar
- Hot water
- Non-ammoniated all-purpose cleaner
- Schedule your window cleaning project on an overcast day. The heat of the sun can cause the liquid cleaner to dry too quickly and will result in streaking.
- Clean the dry window surface with a soft-bristle brush or dust cloth. Tackle those cobwebs, dust, and dirt before getting the windows wet.
- Prepare a gentle liquid window cleaning solution to use on the window panes only: mix 1 part white vinegar and 1 part hot water.
- Using a sponge or lint-free cloth, wet the window glass and rub away the dirt. Avoid drenching the windows and try to keep the vinegar solution from coming in contact with the window frame.
- Squeegee the window glass by first wetting the blade so it doesn’t skip. Starting at an upper corner, draw the squeegee down in a straight stroke, wipe the blade with a lint-free cloth, and repeat until you wipe the entire window.
- Clean the window frame by wiping them down with a damp cloth and immediately rinsing with a clean, dry cloth. Use only non-ammoniated all-purpose cleaner or water for the window frames.