Steel exterior doors are a common sight in commercial buildings. They are great at standing up against heavy traffic and exterior elements. Installing steel doors in residences also offers many advantages. In this article, Southwest Exteriors discusses some of the features of steel doors and the ways you can benefit from having these installed.
What is a Steel Door? Steel exterior doors in San Antonio combine a two-piece construction-thick steel skin and a polyurethane foam core. This makes a durable door that can be painted or stained to improve a home’s energy efficiency, performance, and aesthetic value.
Advantages of a Steel Entry Door Southwest Exteriors installs steel doors that offer the following benefits:
• Cost Effective – Steel entry doors are more cost effective than units made from wood or fiberglass.
• Enhanced Curb Appeal – Our steel doors can be painted or stained, to add character and architectural interest to your home.
• Style Flexibility – You may customize our Provia® doors with clear glass, decorative glass, or Inspirations Art Glass. Our paint, stain, and glass selections allow our doors to blend well into many home designs such as cottage, colonial, contemporary, and country.
• Energy Efficiency – Our steel doors in San Antonio are made with thermally efficient foam filling and weather seals. You can also opt for ComforTech™ glazing to enhance the unit’s energy efficiency, driving energy costs down and comfort levels up.
• Durability – Unlike a wood door, steel won’t rot or splinter. This type has galvanized metal sheets so it isn’t damaged easily. The quality of our units is backed by extensive warranties, so you can enjoy a beautiful, energy-efficient door for many years.
Ask our experts for the further merits of steel doors. We also carry other brands, including ProVia Replacement Doors. Talk to us about your goals and we’ll help you decide on the brand and material that complement your needs. Call us at (210) 828-5555 today for a free consultation.