Regular maintenance and upkeep is just another part of being a homeowner. While it can seem like a drag to spend money on things like repairs, replacements, and other improvements, remodeling your home when it becomes necessary is the best way to safeguard and even enhance your investment into the future. That said, there’s no point in fixing what isn’t broken, or in making improvements to the parts of your home that are fine as they are. For this reason, it’s important to know how to read your home as the years pass in order to understand when upgrades and replacements are really necessary. In this article, our top-rated team of door and window contractors at Southwest Exteriors presents some of the most common signs that you need new windows and doors. If you’re in doubt about whether you’re really in need of an upgrade or not, this guide should help you to decide what the best move to make is to protect your home and your investment.
Top Signs Your Windows Need Replacement
If you’re skeptical about the performance of your home’s windows, it’s likely because they’re old or made with cheap materials. New, modern windows of high quality are made to last—with special features that allow your home to run at top performance and with maximum energy-efficiency.
Look at these signs that windows need replacement. If you’ve noticed any of these things happening in your home, it could be time for San Antonio window replacements.
- Drafts can be felt blowing in when standing near your window installation.
- Opening or closing your windows is difficult or impossible.
- Your windows are cracked, chipped, or discolored.
- Your utility bills are higher than they’ve been in the past, and all signs point to the need for more energy-efficient windows.
- There is fog or condensation trapped between the glass panes.
- Your home is equipped with single-pane products.
- Your windows are water-stained or showing signs of water damage on or around the walls of the window.
- It’s becoming harder and harder to keep your windows clean.
- Replacement parts have been discontinued or are otherwise no longer available for repairs.
- You’ve noticed that noises from outside are getting louder than before.
- Your furniture, carpet, drapes, and other inside furnishings near your windows are fading in the sunlight. Modern windows are made with Low-E glass materials that block UV rays from entering the home.
- You’re tired of the outdated look of your windows.
Top Signs Your Doors Need Replacement
The doors of your home are just as important as the windows, if not more so. Not only are they your access points for entering and leaving your home, but they also secure and protect your household from outside threats, insulate against harsh weather, and help to make your home more beautiful.
Here are the signs to look out for when evaluating the need to replace your door products with new ones.
- Your doors are hard to open and close.
- Air is coming in through gaps or cracks.
- The door’s windows (if applicable) are severely damaged.
- The door is warped or has changed in shape due to structural issues, changes in temperature, or other issues.
- You’ve noticed that your wooden doors are rotted or water damaged.
- Your wooden doors have been taken over by termites or other insects.
- You’re unhappy with the look or style of your door.
- Your door feels flimsy, inadequate, and unsafe against outside threats.
- You’d like to improve the energy-efficiency of your home.,
Top-Quality San Antonio Replacement Windows and Doors
Proper installation and premium-quality products are critical aspects of any home improvement project. That said, it’s extremely important to choose your home remodeling company wisely. The worst thing you can do is to take on these important improvement projects without the right company by your side—which could prove to be a costly and unsatisfactory experience.
After three decades of experience in the industry, Southwest Exteriors has become one of the most trusted names in home remodeling in San Antonio and the surrounding areas. We know how important our customers’ homes are to them, and our expert door and window contractors do all that we can to protect their investments into their properties with state-of-the-art solutions at affordable prices.
To learn more about our top-rated home remodeling services, energy-efficient windows, doors, or other products, contact us now. Give our team a call today or fill out our online form to schedule a free, in-home evaluation of your doors and windows.
TagsWindow and Doors window installation window contractors
Subscribe to Southwest Exteriors's Blog