Are you looking to give your home a whole new look? Short of knocking down walls and dramatically changing your home’s architecture, there’s no better way to completely change the feel of your home’s exterior than to invest in a fresh coat of paint. Updating the color of your exterior walls can make your home feel fresh, cozy, sophisticated or glam--whatever you want! Even if you’re not changing the color or reverting to a simple, classic neutral, a fresh coat of residential painting can make your home feel top-tier for a minimal investment.
Look no further than the painting experts at Southwest Exteriors! We are now offering Sherwin-William painting services for the San Antonio community.
However, there definitely are ways to paint correctly--and incorrectly. If you want to invest in your home’s curb appeal as much as possible, there are just a few tips and tricks that you should definitely have up your sleeve!
- Think about the weather when you want to be painting. Even the best exterior paints, such as Sherwin-Williams exterior products, perform best when in a dry atmosphere, so rain and humidity may not provide the best conditions.
- Investing in great quality paint may be more expensive initially, but it will last longer and look better for years to come.
- Clean, sand, and trim the siding of your home before you apply a single coat of paint. These preparatory tasks might extend the timeline of your exterior painting project, but they will make the paint go on easier and last much longer.
- Before your professional painters paint on with the exterior color of your choice, make sure you use a coat of primer. Primer will make it so that you don’t have to apply as many coats of the (more expensive) color end coat! However, check your paint labels: Some manufacturers are now producing paint that is both primer and color in one.
- If you have multiple cans of paint which are the same color, consider mixing them all together in one very large bucket. Sometimes, even paints which are labelled as the exact same shade can have subtle variations in tint that will become obvious once painted on your home. Avoid this by making a mixture of all the paint of the same color you’re planning on using.
- If you paint from the top to the bottom of your house, you’ll be able to catch and correct any drips before they become large streaks.
Following these tips and tricks should help you make sure that your exterior painting job looks professional, goes quickly, and will look good for years in the future! Just make sure to seal it off correctly, and use more drop-cloths than you think. Whenever you need assistance with a top-tier exterior painting job, know that you can trust Southwest Exteriors for fantastic service. Call our team today to learn more about how we can serve you.