- Patching - Dents, chips, and cracks can be filled using a good quality cement patching compound (acrylic mortar patch) which can be found at your local home center or hardware store.
- Mold/Mildew - Remove using a commercial mold/mildew remover. Consult your paint manufacturer’s recommendations before applying any mold or mildew remover.
- Loose Siding or Soffit - Re-nail using a properly-sized corrosion-resistant fastener.
- Caulk Replacement - When sealant is in need of replacing, carefully remove existing caulk and replace with a high quality, paintable latex caulk.
- Paint Maintenance - Remove any damaged, chipped, or cracked paint. Prior to repainting, make sure that the surface area is properly cleaned and prepared. Repaint immediately using 100% acrylic paint.
- Product Replacement - Replacement of one or more pieces of James Hardie® siding product should be done in accordance with James Hardie’s written installation requirements and best practice guides.
Southwest Exteriors offers a limited lifetime warranty on our James Hardie® siding projects, so we would happily take care of any of these issues on our clients’ homes, should the problems arise.
If you have any further questions about James Hardie® siding products, please feel free to comment below or contact us directly.