In humid, subtropical Texas, summer can get extremely hot. In fact, according to city-data.com, it ranks as the fourth hottest city in the nation. While residents have grown to love this aspect of the city, it can still get very uncomfortable especially since climate change is making things hotter than usual. One can only imagine how much energy is consumed to keep the ideal temperature inside homes; air conditioners have to be used all day and this will eventually result in the electricity bill blowing up.
The way to lower down utility costs is to make sure your siding, roof, and windows are in good shape and free from air leaks. They play a big part in keeping a constant temperature inside a house by keeping the hot air out and the cool air in during hot days and vice versa. Efficient windows in San Antonio are especially important because of the following:
Benefits of efficient windows:
- Energy efficient windows can substantially reduce the costs associated with heating and cooling.
- High-performance windows not only provide reduced annual heating and cooling bills, they reduce the peak heating and cooling loads.
- High performance windows, in different climates, help make homes more comfortable.
- High-performance windows create warmer interior glass surfaces, reducing frost and condensation.
- Daylight and view are two of the fundamental attributes of a window. High performance windows help to reduce unwanted heat gain while still allowing light to enter into your home.
- Windows can influence the type and intensity of transmitted radiation.
Contact the contractor nearest you like Southwest Exteriors to install replacement windows in San Antonio TX.
(Article Excerpt from Efficient Windows Collaborative, efficientwindows.org, last modified May 15, 2014)
Subscribe to Southwest Exteriors's Blog